MY 22 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAS HAD HER FIRST CHILD WITH A 19 YEAR OLD MALE THAT IS VERY CONTROLLING. I HAVE TAKEN HER TO MOST OF HER PRENATAL APPT UNTIL WE HAD A FAMILY DISAGREEMENT THAT INVOLVED HER SISTER TELLING HER THAT THIS 19 YEAR OLD MALE WAS SEEING OTHER GIRLS. OF COURSE THE 19 YEAR OLD MALE LIED HIS WAY OUT OF IT AND USED FORCE TO KEEP ME FROM SEEING MY DAUGHTER. AND NOW INORDER FOR ME TO SEE MY NEWBORN GRANDCHILD I AM SUPPOSED TO APOLOGIZE TO THE 19YEAR OLD MALE. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.