Cascade Mental Health Care is an outpatient Community Mental Health Center that has been serving quality behavioral health services to Lewis County and surrounding areas since 1966. We currently have three outpatient locations; Centralia, Chehalis, and Morton.
In May 2018, we opened the Cascade Evaluation and Treatment Center, a 22-bed inpatient acute psychiatric facility (16-bed evaluation and treatment unit, 6-bed crisis stabilization unit). This center serves adults 18 and over that are in need of emergent mental health care.
Cascade is looking to fill the position of Quality Manager. We are looking for a team oriented candidate that not only meets the job qualifications and requirements listed below but a person that will learn, share and assist in developing Cascade's goals.
This position will be located at our Main facility at 2428 W Reynolds Ave. in Centralia, WA. Centralia is conveniently located right off of I-5 about 20 minutes south of Olympia.
The Quality Manager is responsible for the oversight of all continuous quality improvement functions of CMHC. The Manager helps define and is responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of the clinical continuous quality improvement process. Manager reviews guidelines/contracts for the delivery and efficacy of services, developing and or updating policies and procedures as necessary. The manager maintains responsibility for CMHC compliance with all applicable Contracts, WACs, RCWs, and federal laws.
The employee must be able to accomplish the following tasks with or without accommodations:
- Responsible for the collection of data to be employed by the CQI functions
- Reports data to the management team in order to facilitate the operations of CMHC
- Responsible for external clinical audit coordination, resolution and corrective action
- Responsible for developing and implementing corrective action for clinical internal audit findings
- Integrates the data to all systems of care in CMHC; including access to care and referral
- Oversees compliance with WAC; RCW; and contractual obligations
- Coordinates and advises COO re the utilization management process endorsing the most effective use of resources.
- Works with all management staff (including administrative) to improve client outcomes, program performance, and system measures
- Conducts concurrent reviews to ensure clients are receiving and benefiting from excellent services
- Sustains processes that require utilization management and continuous quality improvement processes to collaborate
- Interfaces with IT and IS as needed
- Disseminates information and data to the clinical providers for training and quality improvement
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Clinical Officer
- Provides reports in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Ensures that ethical and professional standards of practice are maintained.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Social/Behavioral Sciences or ability to qualify as a MHP is required.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (or its equivalent) is preferred. Agency affiliated counselor required.
- Ability to interact with and engage staff and clients effectively
- Must be able to pass WA State Patrol and/or national background checks.
- Must be able to represent the Agency in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to enter information into a computer network system.
- Must comply with agency policies and procedures.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must maintain current home telephone and address on file with the personnel office.
Reports to the Chief Clinical Officer.
Hours of Work:
This position will normally work a standard 40/hour work week, M-F schedule unless approved by supervisor and CEO.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
J*ob Function:* Develop and utilize reports and questionnaires to identify and track areas for quality improvement.
- Ensures the completion of Quality Assurance reviews for 10% of clinical staff caseloads on an annual basis.
- Analyzes data to determine trends for individual staff, programs, and CMHC as a whole.
- Provides a quarterly report to COO regarding the analysis.
- Provides or coordinates training to identified staff, programs, or agency to improve overall performance.
- Utilizes client based data to improve service quality.
- Coordinates the completion of a client satisfaction survey a minimum of 1x/year.
- Analyzes and utilizes data to target areas for improvement.
- Provides yearly report to management team on client satisfaction.
- Reviews client complaint and grievance logs for trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews IS reports (i.e. Client fails, client’s not seen in 60 days, etc.) to identify areas for improvement.
- Reviews all CMHC incident reports to identify trends and/or areas for necessary improvement
- Reviews and updates QA/chart review tool periodically as needed to comply with WAC, contracts, etc.
Job Function: Ensures contract, WAC, and RCW compliance
- Coordinates and follows up with all external audits/auditors
- Receives and coordinates all requests from outside auditors for access to CMHC staff/records.
- Participates as needed in all external audits.
- Reviews all audit findings and assists the Management team in developing and implementing corrective actions as needed.
- Conducts/oversees internal audits
- Completes quarterly chart hygiene reviews with varied foci as needed.
- Utilizes IS reports to suggest areas to be reviewed
- Provides a report to COO, and Program administrators as necessary.
- Completes semi-annual EDV audits
- Provides report to COO, and Program administrators as necessary.
- Suggests corrective action as needed based on internal findings.
- Reviews contracts with outside vendors
- Reviews all new contracts
- Documents any areas that need to be a focus for CQI activities.
- Performs or arranges audit tasks periodically to ensure contract compliance.
Job Function: Reviews WACs/RCWs as they relate to current and proposed programming.
- Develops a working knowledge of all relevant laws relating to the provision of service programs.
- Assists the management team with developing policies and procedures in keeping with applicable laws.
- Reviews or oversees the development of policies and procedures for all new programs prior to the submission of such to the licensing board.
Job Function: Maintains records and reports in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Completes and submits all internal reports within 5 days of due date 95% of the time.
- Oversees and ensures the submission of contract related reports within 5 days of due date 95% of the time.
- Reports to CMHC management team when reports are out of compliance.
- Ensures the development and usage of QM plan.
- Submits a plan to CMHC board within 1 month of the due date.
- Updates plan as needed to include suggestions made from client satisfaction surveys, QA process, internal audits, etc.
- Coordinates with COO to ensure QM plan is being followed.
Job Function: Participates in supervision, consultation, and training in the direction of the Supervisor.
- Meet at least bi-weekly with the COO for supervision and to discuss support staff needs at least 90% of the time.
- Attend at least 90% of all staff meetings.
- Completes all trainings as outlined on Annual Training Plan within the allotted time frame.
Job Function: Provides training to all staff as needed.
- Provides training to staff as needed to ensure CQI
- Works with COO, and other staff to develop an annual training plan
- Provides direction to management staff regarding the use and improvement of management tools for effective supervision of program staff.
- Develop and oversee a standard training/orientation for new clinical staff, annual training plans, reviewing staff compliance with trainings
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume. No phone calls.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $57,000.00 /year