"Healthcare that offers hope and recovery through counseling, guidance, and education."**
About Cascade:**Cascade has been the mental health provider to Lewis County and surrounding areas for more than 50 years. Our mission is to provide our clients with compassionate and encouraging counseling leading to a renewed sense of hope and the ability to make positive changes and live more satisfying lives. We currently have three locations providing outpatient services in Lewis County.
To provide crisis intervention, stabilization and resolution to individuals presenting with acute mental health distress/disturbance
- Responsible for face to face crisis intervention, stabilization and resolution services for individuals experiencing acute emotional distress or loss of behavioral control, at the individual’s location at home or in the community.
- Responsible for providing services to individuals experiencing acute symptoms of mental illness which present risk of harm to self or others for the purpose of appropriate referral to a Designated Crisis Responder (DCR).
- Coordinate daily shift changes, notify the on-coming crisis team of follow up actions needed; transfer of clinical information to team members via BaseCamp, as well as Email and verbal pass down.
- Provide follow-up contact to individuals, families, and agencies involved in crisis stabilization and resolution responses.
- Provide consultation, education, and liaison with law enforcement, school, health personnel and other appropriate collateral agencies and groups.
- Provide discharge safety planning for individuals in hospitals if DCR evaluates individual and does not detain or voluntarily hospitalize.
- Provide clinical oversight for teammates while on shift.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must meet requirements to be a Washington state mental health professional.
- Washington State Agency Certified Counselor or License required.
- Must be able to pass WA State Patrol and/or National Background checks.
- Must be able to obtain jail clearance.
- Must be able to represent the agency in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Must comply with agency policies and procedures.
- Must be able to accurately enter information into Electronic Health Record.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle, including during inclement weather.
- Must maintain current home telephone and address on file with the personnel office.
- Must be able to gain access to all types of buildings and residences regardless of the structures handicapped accessibility or lack thereof.
Reports to the Emergency Services Program Administrator.
Hours of Work:
This position will normally require that the employee work a non-standard, forty (40) hour week. This position is classified as being “non-exempt” according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
The Current shifts being hired for are:
- Friday-Monday 10:00AM-8:30PM
- Friday – Monday 06:30 AM - 04:30 PM
"Mental health professional" or "MHP" means a designation given by the department to an agency staff member or an attestation by the licensed behavioral health agency that the person meets the following:
(a) A psychiatrist, psychologist, physician assistant working with a supervising psychiatrist, psychiatric advanced registered nurse practitioner (ARNP), psychiatric nurse, or social worker as defined in chapters 71.05 and71.34 RCW;
(b) A person who is licensed by the department of health as a mental health counselor or mental health counselor associate, marriage and family therapist, or marriage and family therapist associate;
(c) A person with a master's degree or further advanced degree in counseling or one of the social sciences from an accredited college or university who has at least two years of experience in direct treatment of persons with mental illness or emotional disturbance, experience that was gained under the supervision of a mental health professional recognized by the department or attested to by the licensed behavioral health agency;
(d) A person who meets the waiver criteria of RCW 71.24.260, and the waiver was granted prior to 1986; or
(e) A person who had an approved waiver to perform the duties of a mental health professional (MHP), that was requested by the behavioral health organization (BHO) and granted by the mental health division prior to July 1, 2001.
Cascade offers a generous benefits package including medical, vision and dental benefits, 401K, life insurance, short-term disability, EAP, Teledoc, and a generous PTO policy including 13 paid holidays.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume. No phone calls.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.19 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.19 /hour