The Cascade Evaluation and Treatment Center is looking for a ( Preferred -CNA Certified or individual with mental health experience) Recovery Specialist.
We provide intensive mental health and psychiatric services for adults 18 and older. Our 22-bed facility has 16 beds on our Evaluation and Treatment Unit, and 6 beds on our Crisis Stabilization unit.
The available position is : Shift to be determined.
Each position is a five day per week schedule.
Recovery Specialists are responsible for carrying out the daily operations of the unit.
Recovery Specialists will provide structure, safety, emotional support and therapeutic counseling to clients experiencing an acute psychiatric crisis. Every individual who holds this position ensures that the unit is maintained and that basic services are provided
Essential Job Functions:
The employee must be able to accomplish the following tasks with or without accommodations:
- Provide therapeutic interventions and case management support, as well as coordination assistance for clients admitted to the E&T.
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of client needs based on patient behaviors.
- Provide direct client care services in accordance with the treatment plan and under the direction of a professional nurse.
- Assist in providing a safe and therapeutic environment according to established policies and procedures.
- Maintain records and reports in accordance with agency policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Participate in supervision, consultation, and training at the direction of the Acute Psychiatric Services Clinical Manager and/or Program Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the Acute Psychiatric Services Clinical Manager and/or Program Director.
- Provide reports, documentation and other appropriate and necessary paperwork in accordance with agency policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Ensure that ethical and professional standards of practice are maintained at all times as a representative of Cascade.
- Participate in other selected activities at the direction of the E&T Center Acute Psychiatric Services Clinical Manager and/or Program Director.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required; A.A. degree preferred.
- Valid Washington State CNA Certification OR 2+ years working in direct care and in a mental health setting.
- Experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness preferred.
- Must be able to pass WA State Patrol and/or National background checks.
- Must be able to represent the Agency in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to enter information into a computer network system.
- Must comply with agency policies and procedures.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to gain access to all types of buildings and residences regardless of the structures’ handicapped accessibility or lack thereof.
- Must maintain current home telephone and address on file with the personnel office.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume. No phone calls.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour